Dear Valued Patients,
All doctors have received notification from the SA Pharmaceutical Society that in accordance with
the Medicines & Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 for the control and sale of schedule medicines
we must adhere to the following criteria:
- The doctor has an ethical obligation to abide by the legal requirements of the Medicines and
Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 when writing prescriptions and keep comprehensive
- Prescriptions must be written in accordance with Regulation 28.
- The pharmacy must keep accurate records of the prescriptions dispensed in a patient profile.
What this means for us and our patients is that from the 1st September 2014 we will only be issuing
scripts to our patients after they have been requested in the following manner:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Fax: 021 712 2243
- Written or typed scripts can be delivered to the practice and placed in the script boxes for Dr Hugh Wegner, Dr Dion O’Cuinneagain or Dr Tamlyn McKeag.
Important: All script requests need to clearly include the following :
- Patients full name
- Name and fax number of the pharmacy where the script needs to be sent.
- Names and doses of all medication to be clearly specified.
- Scripts will be charged for in accordance the Medical Aid Tariff code 0132
Please allow one working day for us to process your script.
This will be effective from 1 September 2014 where after no telephonic requests for scripts will be
We would like to thank all our patients in advance for their cooperation with the new scripting
process we need to adhere to.
Please Note our new email addresses:
Dion and Tamlyn
Download this document here.